PURCHASED - NEW IN WINTER OF 2016
ACOM 1010 HF Linear Amplifiers
ACOM 1010 HF Linear Amplifiers cover all bands from 1.8 through 29.7 MHz. They provide over 700 W PEP output (or 500 W continuous-modes) with less than 60 watts of drive and operate without special transceiver signaling; they need only "ground on TX" and the required drive.
ACOM's exclusive True Resistance Indicator (TRI); enables faster antenna changes and use over wider frequency ranges. Also, a built-in antenna selector switch with two outputs is included to provide instant choice of antennas.
Antenna matching can be achieved in less than 10 seconds and at a quarter of nominal output power, which results in lower risk of interference to other stations and greater safety to the amplifier components.
A single Svetlana 4CX800A (GU74B) high-performance ceramic/metal tetrode with plate dissipation of 800 watts is used for maximum efficiency. These amplifiers are self-monitoring. They are designed to safely withstand up to 240 watts of reflected power, up to 100 milliseconds of drive spikes (RF "tails" after a PTT or KEY release), and even operator tuning errors. They are also capable of operating at more than half their designed output at only 75 percent of nominal line voltage.
Because they can tolerate deep voltage drops and 15 percent line voltage spikes, they are particularly well-suited for use in portable environments, such as Field Day and DXpeditions. Importantly, a variety of system parameters are continuously monitored and available to the operator to assure safe and efficient amplifier operation.
Design of the high-voltage power supply eliminates the danger of turn-on transients affecting sensitive devices connected to the same line (mains) circuit. Moreover, the amplifier can be configured to accommodate any of eight nominal line voltages between 100 and 240 V, 50 or 60 Hz.
ACOM 1010 specifications:
* Frequency Coverage: All amateur bands in the 1.8-29.7MHz frequency range
* Power Output: 700 W PEP or 500 W continuous modes.
* Intermodulation Distortion: Better than 35 dB below rated output.
* Hum and noise: Better than 40 dB below rated output.
* Harmonic Output Suppression: Better than 50 dB below rated output.
* Input and Output Impedance: Output: 50 Ohm unbalanced, SO-239 connectors; Input circuit: broadband, VSWR less than 1.3:1, 1.8-30 MHz continuously (no tuning, no switching); Bypass path: VSWR less than 1.1:1, 1.8-30 MHz continuously, 200 W maximum
* RF Gain: 11dB, frequency response less than 1dB (50 to 70 W drive for rated output)
* AC Power: 85-132 V/170-264 V ac (100, 110, 120, 200, 210, 220, 230 & 240 V nominal taps, plus 10 percent to minus 15 percent tolerance), 50-60 Hz, single phase, 1,200 VA
* Operating environments: Temperature range; 32 to 122 degrees F, Humidity; up to 95 percent at 95 degrees F, Altitude; up to 10,000 above sea level without output deterioration.
* Complies with FCC-regulations as well as CE safety and electromagnetic compatibility requirements
* Dimensions, (in.) 15.83 W x 12.4 D x 6.5 H
* Weight: 39.7 lbs.